Like any other body of knowledge, UI/UX, i.e.,User Interface & User Experience, that a website provides, is regularly evolving. These terms are inter-related, and on any website, one is not possible without the other. With over 1.5 Billion websites out there on the internet, you will face a lot of competition. The primary factor that would help you stand out and draw the crowd towards your website is your website's UI/UX.
In this article, we are going to talk about UI/UX design trends that are going to rule in 2021, which you as a UI/UX Designer can integrate in your website:
- Personalization - Here, you try and create different experiences for different users depending on the data they have shared with you, like their date of birth, order history, marital status, etc. When a user is on your website, personalization will ensure the user understands that content shown to him is created only for him, which in turn increases your conversion rate. An important thing to know is that it is an advanced technology, and if you don't apply it properly, it can also mess up your sales.
- Motion Graphics - You will agree that visual information stays longer with you compared to written words. Most of the websites, at present, are not only about written content but also images for better communication of information. Motion Graphics makes it even easier for your users to comprehend and remember information on your website. Tools such as website builder and Adobe After effects let you create a website that draws users' attention to action items and bring delight to their experience.
- Touchless Interactions – The current global Covid-19 Pandemic has changed many things for consumers and businesses. One trend that is going to pick up this year is interacting with devices without touching them. How is it possible? It is possible through Voice User Interfaces (VUI) and air gesture control. Adding VUI to your design will expand your reach. Air gesture control allows you to make things on your device with movement in the air.
- The Dark Mode - 2020 saw some of the platforms coming up with a dark mode option. The design is well received by the users and this year you can see more and more companies adopting the same. The dark mode stays optimally legible even in a dark environment and also reduces screen fatigue. It also saves users' batteries and can also hide defective pixels of your application with ease. With benefits to both users and businesses, the dark mode will only grow like anything this year.
- Immersive experience - 2D images and boring text are things of the past. When we talk about UI/UX, we talk about giving something out of the box to users. Now it is possible to make the user experience more engaging using 3D effects and displace avatars. With the increase in AR and VR technology popularity, 3D will also gain popularity, and you will see platforms with more 3D content.
These are just some of the many UI/UX trends to look out for in 2021. You don’t have to incorporate all in your website - only pick the ones which meet your requirement and the taste of your audience.