The digital world has made it possible for your business to thrive entirely through Web and Mobile applications. The maintenance of the application appears to be a crucial factor to getting things going and avoiding multiple issues like crashes of apps, attempts to update apps at the right time, resolution of bugs, and so on.
Businesses are scheduling testing and maintenance of mobile apps at intervals of 2-3 months through appropriate allocation of time and resources. The reason they need to make such a strategy is because a big percentage of their consumer base is almost dependent on their apps, and these apps might sometimes break down without proper maintenance.
Data from the Google Play Store suggests that the total number of downloads of apps in the third quarter of 2020 is around 28.3 billion, while the number of downloads of apps in the Apple App Store is around 8.2 million. As a result, a mobile app and its maintenance are fundamental to any business's core strategy.
Below are some of the reasons to opt for regular mobile app maintenance:
- The changing mobile hardware - The mobile companies release new models every year, and if your app is not up to date, it will become incompatible with the latest mobile devices. If you have a maintenance team, you ensure they are delivering regular updates, and your mobile app will work on mobile with even the latest hardware specification.
- Continuous Upgrades - Both PlayStore and AppStore release new upgrades every year, and all mobile apps should incorporate those updates to ensure they continue to work as expected. The changes could be related to a new platform, new technology, or programming languages. The stores may remove the app from the store if there are no recent updates and it is not as per the latest guidelines.
- Quick bugfix - It does not matter how well you design and code the mobile app; it is bound to have some issues when hundreds of users start using it. You will need a maintenance team to ensure the bugs/issues reported are fixed without much delay. If users keep experiencing the same problems, again and again, they will probably uninstall the app. However, bugs keep coming as more people use the app over time, and hence having a maintenance team is very important.
- App Monitoring In Order to Stay Competitive- Mobile app maintenance is not a mere one-time task; it requires frequent attention. In today’s competitive market, you need to continue to monitor it to stay ahead of your competitors. Regular monitoring will keep your app bug-free and will ensure a seamless and efficient user experience.
- Better user experience - As mentioned above, the real issues only surface when users start using the app. Also, you get to know what is working on your app and what is not. It takes time to build an app with a rich user experience, and hence it is a never-ending process. If you want to give the best user experience to your users, you need to improve your app continuously, and for that, you need a maintenance team.
In terms of cost, maintenance is an attractive alternative to rebuilding the entire app once it becomes obsolete. These are just a few reasons why you should opt for app maintenance. Regularly monitor the performance, behavior, and market trends of your app, and conduct any necessary updates.
Octos Global is a dependable software development solution provider for IT Companies, which has experienced staff who believe in building long-term relationships. The company is an established and reputed player in the software development industry that helps businesses fulfill their software & IT development goals. The company provides Software Testing Solutions, Digital Marketing, Mobile App Development, Staff Augmentation Solutions, and more.