The Internet of Things or IoT has been a hot topic of discussion among the business and technology enthusiasts since the last decade. But the year 2017 witnessed the changes IoT brought it with itself and turned the entire world upside down, for good of course. The launch of products like Google Home and Amazon Echo by the technology giants have finally given wings to this technology and has helped it to finally take off in this year.
A lot of industries are profiting innumerably by embracing this technology and for all those who have failed to keep abreast with this IoT revolution are surely losing out on the perks it has to offer.
With all this being said, it’s time to have a look at some of the ways in which IoT services has revolutionized our world. Excited? You should be.
How is IoT Making Our Lives Easier?
1. More and More Things are Getting Interconnected IoT has revamped the connectivity in such a way that it is directly benefiting the end users in every manner. Users are connecting to the smart devices and the smart devices, in turn, are connecting to the ordinary objects for increasing their functionality and value. It would not be wrong to say that IoT has made it easy for the human race to manage variant aspects of our everyday life with the power of inter connectivity and without any scope of errors or discrepancy. The most elementary example of the same would be the usage of our smartphones to control numerous things. By using it as a hub, we can directly control the lighting of our home and its security as well as can also see whether we need to head to grocery shopping or not. The best example of this is Amazon Echo. You can easily check what the outside temperature is, connect with a bunch of devices like a thermostat or smart bulb, and lot many things, with just your voice. Cool, isn’t it?
2. Enhanced Driving Experience with Interconnected Cars With the advent of IoT and its integration in the field of automobiles, the overall driving experience, right from the efficiency to security has been enhanced. We are all aware of the fact that the big names like Apple, Google, Uber, Tesla, and others are investing significantly in building self-driving cars, which as the name suggests, will drive themselves. As per Gartner, around 250,000,000 connected cars will be present on the roads by the year 2020. Since they will have the ability to communicate, absorb information, and do action on the data points, which in turn will make sure that the cars hit the brakes at the right time, follow the right path, as well as function properly.
3. Increased Awareness About the Things Around Us Before the introduction of the recent technological innovations, we used to worry about trivial things in our everyday life. For instance, a lot of us have at least once worried about the forgetting to switch off the fan or lights of our home. But nothing could be done once we had arrived at work. However, now is the time of increased awareness and rendering all these worries obsolete. The IoT devices such as smart lock will tell you if someone enters your house in your absence, your thermostat will start heating up your home before you make it back home, or smart bulbs which will enable you to keep the lights switched on even if you are away to give the assumption that you are still at home. Well, this is just the starting of the IoT revolution.
4. Better Healthcare Due to Automated Tools A lot of people love to monitor their health and physical activities to keep a tab on how they are doing in terms of their health. This is the reason due to which, wearable technology has become a hit in the market. All the technology hotshots like Apple, Fitbit, Motorola, and others have invested in the production of smart bands and watches. As per the stats released by the Mobi Health News, around 4 million patients on a global level will remotely monitor their health by the year 2020. This doesn’t stop here. What is equally amazing is the fact that IoT is paving a way to build a healthier world not just with its wearable technology but also with the numerous health and fitness apps to fitness competitions.
5. Revamped the Way Businesses Work The caliber of IoT to simplify the work is not just limited to objects at home but also extends to the business world. More and more companies are gearing up for harnessing IoT to reduce the overhead cost invested in serving the customers. The smart sensors installed in factories and industries are providing preventative measures to avoid malfunctions, accidents and the biggest of all, saving the loss of human lives. According to the reports, 35 % manufacturers have already deployed smart sensor and around 5.4 million IoT devices will be used in the oil extraction sites for providing the environmental metrics. Both small and large enterprises are benefiting from the IoT technology and are garnering huge ROI. There is no doubt in the fact that the benefits of IoT are unparalleled and it truly has the potential to make our lives much easier than now it already is, in the coming future. To know more about the advantages and the opportunities that IoT can offer your business by contacting the experts at Octos Global.